Police in Oyo has has dismissed reports that the abducted students and teachers from Orire Local Government Area of Oyo State have regained their freedom, assuring that security operatives are intensifying coordinated operations to secure their release.
In a statement on Friday, by the Oyo State Police Command, the police described the reports as false and misleading, warning members of the public against spreading unverified information capable of causing panic and disrupting ongoing security efforts.
The statement, signed by the Command’s Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Ayanlade Olayinka, stated that while the victims are still in captivity, security agencies are making frantic efforts to secure their release.
“The Oyo State Police Command wishes to inform the general public that the abducted students, pupils, and teachers in Orire Local Government Area are yet to be released, as intensive efforts by security agencies continue to ensure their safe rescue and the arrest of those responsible for the criminal act,” Olayinka said.
The Command specifically refuted claims making rounds on social media and other informal platforms alleging that the victims had already been rescued, describing the reports as fake and capable of undermining ongoing operations.
“The Command hereby debunks the rumour currently circulating that the victims have been rescued. Members of the public are urged to remain calm, support the ongoing efforts of the joint security team, and verify every piece of information before sharing it,” the police spokesperson said.
The police further warned that the spread of fake news and misinformation could worsen the security situation by creating unnecessary fear among residents and distracting security personnel involved in the rescue mission.
“The spread of fake news and misinformation only creates unnecessary panic, heightens tension, and diverts limited security resources that are critically needed for the ongoing operations,” the statement said.
The Command assured residents of Oyo State that security agencies remain committed to rescuing the victims unharmed and bringing the perpetrators to justice.
It added that verified updates would be made available to the public as developments unfold, urging residents and journalists to rely only on official communication channels for credible information regarding the incident.
“The Command assures the good people of Oyo State that updates and verified facts will be communicated as developments unfold. Individuals seeking clarification or authentic information are advised to contact the Police Public Relations Officer or the Command’s control room through the numbers provided below,” the statement added.



































